The team at State-of-the-Art Physical Therapy in Tustin, CA, is committed to helping you heal from muscle strains with the most effective natural treatment methods.
Guide to Physical Therapy for Muscle Strains
Your body has many different muscles and muscle groups required to make even the tiniest of movements happen – even involuntary ones. They are highly adaptable, with the most used muscles developing more fibers. However, there are times when the muscle is just put under too much pressure at once, like with a new intense workout, or stretched too far. When this happens, it causes muscle strains. In this guide, our team at State-of-the-Art Physical Therapy in Tustin, CA, will share the signs of muscle strains as well as how we can help you overcome them.
Signs of Muscle Strains
These can vary among sufferers, but the most common include the following.
- Sudden pain or soreness, usually immediately after or within a day of an accident or event
- Limited range of motion and stiffness
- Swelling and bruising
- Weakness in a muscle group
- Pain when you touch the area
- Muscle spasms
- Knots in the area
In some cases, you might actually see or feel a dip in the area where the muscle has torn.
How We Can Help
Our team is dedicated to getting you healed naturally and back on your feet as soon as possible. We use various techniques to accomplish this, including but not limited to the following.
- Laser therapy: Laser therapy utilizes laser energy to penetrate the muscle tissues. It helps relieve pain and tension and stimulates healing.
- Manual therapy: Techniques like therapeutic massage help improve circulation, aid in eliminating waste from damaged tissues, reduce scar tissue, and cause the muscles to relax.
- Therapeutic exercises: We use targeted movements to help stretch and strengthen the damaged area.
- Anti-gravity treadmill: Our anti-gravity treadmill helps you rebuild your muscle with reduced pressure and strain.
- Kinesiotaping: Kinesio tape helps in relieving pain, swelling, and inflammation while providing support to your injured muscle.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasound therapy involves the use of sound waves directed into the damaged tissue. It helps reduce inflammation and pain while stimulating healing.
- Electrical muscle stimulation: EMS sends tiny electrical pulses to the strained muscles, which causes them to contract and relax. It helps reduce or eliminate muscle spasms and pain while also drawing blood and healing nutrients to the treatment site and strengthening the muscle.
Don’t wait around for muscle strains to heal on their own. Schedule an appointment with our team at State-of-the-Art Physical Therapy by calling (714) 544-2188. We’re proud to offer care to residents of Tustin and surrounding Orange County areas.